Friday and time to take a look at the week in review or “7 Quick takes with Conversion Diary’s Jennifer Fulwiler and friends“….
Since my internet connection is down and I may or may not be mooching off a neighbor’s wireless with an extremely slow connection, I’ll make this brief (I hope), since I am procrastinating (as usual) and do need to start waking the kiddies for school shortly….
1. The internet is down. (see above) Fortunately, Hubby worked from home all day yesterday with no problem, so apparently we lost connection sometime late in the afternoon. Our phone is internet phone (Magic Jack), our TV is internet (Roku) and know what? It didn’t make too much of a difference last night. Now tonight…..I want to watch Downton Abbey with Hubby (our weekly date) so that AT&T dude better fix it up tonight!!! or not….whatever…the longer it’s broke the bigger discount they will give us for next month; at least that’s the way it’s worked in the past.
2. My favorite Pyrex pan (13X9) EXPLODED the other night with the kid’s FAVE new dinner in it. URGH!!! Note to self, no multitasking while butter is melting in the pan. Apparently the butter was too hot when I took out the pan and the biscuits, though sitting at room temp for quite some time were too cold. Well…..SHAZAM. It was loud. It was messy. Fortunately, just a couple little cuts on my 2 fingers from cleaning up and my sweet daughter took a hit to the shin from the shrapnel (small cut, we didn’t even notice for an hour or so)…so it could have been much worse. A trip to Publix for some comfort fried chicken, coleslaw and key lime pie….lesson learned!!
3. Hubby and I have joined together in prayer and a united front to once and for all (I hope and pray, DEAR GOD HEAR OUR PRAYERS!!!) to break our youngest from her hideous bedtime drama routine. she’s 8. It’s so overdue. After a long talk, a visual chart to mark progress, clear expectations and goal stated, I am pleased to report we are 4 nights in to success! Fingers and toes crossed and prayers storming heaven!
4. The weather has been PHENOMENAL all week long….though starting to warm up again. So I have walked almost every day and today will get day 2 of strength training. Shooting for 3, but I’m not going to whine about it, something is better than nothing!!!
5. I have been spending far too much time with Stephanie Plum. (Hubby is surely kicking himself for introducing us as she keeps me up far later than I should be at night!!) She’s a train wreck and a clutz (I can really relate there!) and I am addicted. However, once I finish book 10, I’m putting her away for a bit. I’m starting to dream about the books in which I am solving the mystery and it’s really ruining it for me. So….it’s time!
6. Hubby has taken up our landscaping lumber around our little plant island in the front of the house (it was rotting) and replaced it with huge pavers his dad had lying around their house and it looks great! I’ll post pics at some point. probably. maybe. once the internet is up and running.
7. Hubby’s tomatoes are growing! YAY! This weekend he’s adding cucumbers and I’m going to get some pots for a herb garden. Summer is upon us!!! I foresee lots of salad and salsa in our future…BRING IT!!
Happy weekend and be sure to check out lots of other recaps at Conversion Diary!! Blessings!!