TGIF! It would seem this is the only day of the week I actually have a GOAL in posting…the days/weeks are flying by and fortunately I don’t get paid to blog or we’d be starving!!! And so, I’ll just lob onto the many fabulous people blogging on @ 7 Quick Takes with Jennifer Fulwiler @ Conversion Diary.
And since our weeks are basically work, school, taxi to cheer/soccer/church, try to squeeze in some exercise, feed the family (without burning down the house and/or my fingers) and get everyone showered (mostly) and in bed (at a somewhat reasonable hour) , that would probably sound like YOUR week, so I’ll just entertain you with a few pics and words from our weekend, K? K.
1) Our cheerleader and I drove to Merritt Island for an early game (be there @ 7:30 a.m….it’s an hour and 15 minutes away….you do the math) on Saturday. We did have most of the day left, so that was good….
2) These are the cute little reminders that it is October, ladies. (Guys, make sure the ladies in your life get theirs! ) Yes. Go ahead. Make the appointment. Get the girls squashed. Get over your dread. It’s less than 10 minutes and it can SAVE YOUR LIFE!!! Get your mammogram today!!! Or at least make the appointment. Have your bestie make one, too and then go to lunch. WhatevAH works for you, just. do. it. K? K.
3) Saturday night we did S’mores. We’ve been promising since last weekend. And then it rained on Saturday. We resorted to the gas grill with sticks that were losing their “stiffness” and everyone still enjoyed them. No one lost an eye, thanks to my drill sergeant persona as well as droopy sticks. We tried out pumpkin spice marshmallows which weren’t such a hit with the kids, but for Mama (who doesn’t really love marshmallows) I LIKED ’em. yum. So, more for me…
4) We went to our town’s bi-annual carnival and business expo. The kids love it. We tolerate it. In small doses. Like the sidewalk art….fabulous. Oh to have a smidgen of that talent. What would it be like? sigh. I’ll never know, but I am certainly grateful that people DO have this talent!
5) The kids love the rides. The girls opted for a wristband and ran and rode like the wind to get their max spending power out of that band in the alloted time. I’m happy to say, yes. yes they did rock that band. (The boys went Friday night with friends and promptly passed out after coming home—6 hours at the carnival is apparently too much for some….)
6) Coke. Ice cold. In a bottle. What can I say, it was exhausting watching the girls ride those rides.
7) One more sky shot. God paints a mean sky, doesn’t He?