With Christmas and New Year’s falling on Tuesdays it is really wrenching my brain on what day it is….Off 2 days, work one, off one, work 3, off 2, repeat…what?!?! It will take me until mid or end of January to get straight. Sheesh. Thank goodness I have the day/date feature on my watch to keep me straight…Gotta love the 20+year old Seiko, baby!
However…let’s cut to the chase. It’s Friday. Joining in with Jen and the humongous throng o’ bloggers doing the end of the week “7 Quick Takes” so jump on over and check ’em out…it’s always fun and interesting and good for hours of screen time…no joke!! Without further adieu…here I go:
- Christmas was GOOD. You can refer to this post for the deets, but overall, somehow the chaos felt “manageable” this year, less rushed, time to enjoy each other. A win for us.
- My mom is home from the hospital post surgery for her Christmas Eve fracture (see #1 insert for the dirty…), so now she just needs to manage the walker, the snow, the dogs, getting around, getting ready to host her daughter and 2 grand-daughters in a few weeks and potentially re-plan her trip back to the Sunshine State or learn to drive in a boot….tricky. Time will tell. Drink lots of milk, Mom!!!
- Colds stink. Hubby has one. (far worse than mine…go figure). Hopefully, the kids are immune since they’ve all had their opportunities at being sick this past month. So cough, sniffle, blow, repeat….Chicken soup is on the menu.
- In TV news January 6 is a BIG, BIG day….(and I’m really just NOT a big viewer of the tube, but…..) I have a couple of favorites and the best is that JANUARY 6, 2013 DOWNTON ABBEY RETURNS……I’m so excited. So is Hubby. (maybe not all CAPS excited, but excited) In anticipation, we’ve been rewatching some of Season 1.
- Once Upon a Time ALSO returns January 6!!! What??? Our girls think Hulu is playing tricks on them and holding back…they are going to flip out when they find out they have ANOTHER week to wait!
- Biggest Loser returns WITH Jillian (sailor mouth) Michaels on January 6!! ACK!!! The girls and I love this—Hubby and the boys can’t take all the tears and boo hooing….personally, it coincides with my annual giving up of food and another effort at losing the baby weight (the baby is now 9—you do the math). Exciting!
- And that’s all I got folks….my stuffy head is ready for bed and hope this winter cold nonsense hits the flippin’ road. And I mean soon!
Blessings and don’t forget to visit Jen et al.