Friday fun with Kelly and the bloggy-verse!
Somehow even though I wrote the draft for this on Thursday, Friday slipped through my fingers and here it is Saturday. C’est la vie, right? Here we go anyway….
This week there was a fun little Instagram linkup of #onedayHH. Did you play? Basically, snapshots of regular life, ordinary days of people all over. Which I always find interesting. I loved when Cari used to do the Snapshots of the day where people were assigned an hour and you submitted a picture for your hour and she linked it all up. Very fun to see a glimpse of everyone else’s lives. Kind of like during the fall when you walk at night and can see a glimpse of life in the picture windows of houses. Which has inspired my 7 QTs this week……A week in the life, but without pictures because well, I just don’t always have the time or energy to upload them to my computer, dropbox drives me nuts and it’s way to hard for me to blog from my phone, so…words. words will do.
- Sunday was pretty busy since our girl had her Conference cheer competition for pop warner. She had to be there at 715 and we were giving her friend a ride, so out the door we were at 615 to get them some Dunkin and time to finish hair outside the arena. Her performance wasn’t until 230p.m. so I met a girlfriend for breakfast and puttered around the house with various chore stuff until I went back. It was predictably loud, but the girls did great and they move on to Regional competition at the end of the month. yay. I made it home juuuuuuuuuuuuust barely in time to make it to Mass, which was definitely needed and greatly appreciated.
- Work. School. Halloween. On a Monday. Can we all just vote to make this little event the last Saturday in October every year? Seriously, because. Ugh. Our kids didn’t even dress up, but one was working—so I was nervous about him driving around with all the little goblins in the dark and another was handing out candy with friends—so I had to go get her which made me nervous–I drive about 3 mph on this night. And then our son made it home quite late from work and which he informed me his window in his car wouldn’t go up so we had to shift cars at 130 a.m. to get his into the garage. Then my brain just started rolling so I just cozied up on the couch until it stopped somewhere around 3 a.m. My back is still paying the price on that one. I did, however, get lots of prayer in and fell asleep to this song by Jason Gray in my head which I just absolutely love and it was so timely.
- Tuesday. Work. School. All Saint’s Day and the Hubby and I had a Mass date. Twice in one week. Good stuff. Not to mention we went to bed pretty early to make up for the night before.
- Wednesday was the #onedayHH IG party and it made me realize that I really don’t carry my phone around much during the day, therefore when I see something photo worthy–no phone. Anyhooo, we slept in on Wednesday, skipping the gym and it was glorious!!! I do love sleep. I drove our daughter to run her little loop after work, while I walked and then picked up our youngest from a friend’s house. Wednesday nights we have our retreat formation group so it does make for a long day, but we finished a little early and I was able to enjoy a nice breeze and some quiet while waiting on the Hubby. We came home to a messy kitchen but kids mostly ready for bed, so we will just work on those domestic skills as we go. Rome wasn’t built in a day.
- Thursday. Work. School. Which some days consists of babysitting, talking people off ledges and letting them vent, and being a party planner and waitress. Basically, motherhood has prepared me well for management. Trust. Me. Not complaining though, because I actually love it and they pay me. Winning. Besides a friend of mine who is in a similar position entertains me with a daily snapchat trade of funny filters as we start the day! Good motivation. Our oldest girl is making her Confirmation this January, so she had class with her sponsor tonight which meant no taxi duties and so Hubby and I did some yoga out back after he rebuilt the wood shed.
- Friday. Work day which would have been a half day since my room is having maintenance done, but stuff changes. More like an extra long lunch break. Took the dog to his annual checkup, which is brutal because this is the place that he just loves the acoustics and so it is an exercise in keeping him calm and quiet-ish; basically I’m a sweaty furry mess when we leave. He was a little better this time and looks good, so yay, check that off the list!! Snuck in a quick hair cut (back to bangs), ran to the bank, had a quick bite to eat for lunch with Hubs at home and then back to run a booth for our benefits fair. Somehow, once again, all kids disappeared for the night, so we watched The Way and ate ice cream from Publix–not a terrible date night at all and definitely budget friendly!
- Saturday a.m. and I’m about to take the pup for our weekly long walk and then hit the grocery store and chore list for the day. The usual stuff. There is a potentially great neighborhood yard sale on my way home from the grocery store, so I’ll pop in on that and see what I can see. Of course with the time change tonight there will be a nice two week period of adjustment and trying not to put my pjs on RIGHT at 5 o’clock every night. But Thanksgiving is coming and we are hosting this year with all my family, so I plan on nailing down our shared menu and working on spiffing up the place with our fall decorations and re-vamp of our back porch area. Fun stuff!!
Happy weekend, everyone!!