Happy Friday and welcome to my 2nd day of blogging for the Mayhem blogging challenge (feel free to join in at anytime!). Today I link up with Jen at Conversion Diary who has had a crazy busy week with the release of her book (link here to buy)——-> Something Other than God (#SOTG) and the start of her book tour and all that. AND she’s got a fun contest along with the release and I’m all in for freezies so……yeah, let’s just call that #1 on my 7 Quick Takes, mmmK?
2. I haven’t actually read #SOTG yet, in all honesty, HOWEVER…..it is Jen’s fault because she recommended Melanie Shankle’s book The Antelope in the Living Room and seriously??? HILARIOUS. SERIOUSLY. I think we could be great friends irl. really. Anyhooo….I’m trying to break my habit of reading 5 books at once and so, I’ll finish Melanie’s and then move on to Jen…so no spoilers!!! thanks.
3. My beloved Macbook took a protein smoothie bath this week. Don’t even ask. It is on hospice. I’m now blogging from our PC desktop. Bummer timing with this whole blog a day in May deal. Thank goodness it’s the weekend!!
4. My workout this week has been BOOM!!! Spinning twice and swimming thrice. My knee is a little swollen but in all fairness, I walked the bridge last weekend and it started then. Coincidence? meh. Just keep moving. I must say….I think I love swimming. Crazy, huh?
5. Our girls are both off to a weekend of Girl Scout camping. They are our youngest 2 and I’m excited for them. Going to be weird though. And quiet. Gloriously. Quiet.
6. I am a procrastinator and still need to chop a watermelon for one of our girls to take with her troop. All the other troop food is chopped, separated and bagged so, down to one measly watermelon is pretty good as far as I’m concerned.
7. Next month is our 20th wedding anniversary. We’re going to renew our vows. In front of the whole church during Mass. My heart palpates faster just typing that. So pray for me, OK? oh, and pray I don’t go off on a tangent and make this like a Wedding #2!!!! Although, I’m pretty sure the Hubs will keep me in check on that one.
Off to chop a watermelon and get a kid to school!
Have a super weekend!!!