It’s been forever since I’ve joined in 7 Quick Takes, now held over at Kelly’s place, but I figured it’s a good way to help me get back in the swing of things blog-wise and all.
1. I’ve been reading Jen Hatmaker’s Interrupted lately. On the Kindle and I must say, it’s really making think how we, how I, live and incorporate the Word into my life (the hubs started reading it as well and I frequently have to hush his laughter so I can focus!) It’s one of those things that you “think” you’re doing an ok job, and then you realize….whoa, man, have I got WORK to do. It’s hard, but sometimes I need a reality check because we can always do better, right? And Jen is pretty funny in case you haven’t read her stuff before. Her end-of-school essay was beyond hilarious and dead-on-accurate!!!
2. I didn’t really make any resolutions this year, however, I am slowly purging stuff and organizing life, i.e., annual goal list with hubby, budget eval, physical purging of
crap stuff in the house. I function better as a whole when I have order…..probably not to the level the hubs likes it, but MY order. ;-)
3. Last week our youngest son made his Confirmation and it was awesome. I managed NOT to cry, but came close….our youngest diva called me out and so I stopped. This week he got his learner’s permit. Next month our oldest daughter turns 13. Stop. This. Crazy. Train. For one hot minute. It is head spinning. And fun. And awesome. And busy. But, wow. That whole, “they grow so fast”. Yep,true. Hold them babies tight. It won’t stop the growing, but you won’t regret the snuggle!
Our boy with my grandmother, his sponsor!
4. Girls. At what age does it go from 2’s company, 3’s a crowd to piles of girls all at once? I’m trying to remember and from my fuzzy recollection, it’s at some point in high school. I just need to encourage our girls (one more than the other) that this WILL pass and until then, I will remind her of this brilliant piece from Lysa TerKeurst’s daughter, “I’ve decided something about friends. They all have good stuff and bad stuff. Things you like and things that annoy you. You just have to decide if you can handle their package deal.” Something we can ALL use throughout life, huh?
5. I’m going to have to wrap this up so I can get to spin class. Twice a week, except if you mix the times up and completely miss a class. ahem.
6. Yesterday I took the day off work to get my doctor’s appointments done: a) skin biopsy on my face. as fun as it sounds. b) annual which was rescheduled to March because I wasn’t due yet. color me thrilled. however, it will be AFTER our 7 week work challenge at work, so I might be “healthier” at that time. c) eye appointment. one word: bifocals. do I qualify for AARP now? sheesh.
not my actual pair, but close. hand me a cane, would ya?
7) It’s so windy and cool here today. Perfect for sticking in my PJs, reading a book and lots of tea!! But. I’ve done that all morning with coffee, so I really can’t complain!
Have a great weekend!!